October 1, 2009 Meeting Agenda
This agenda was amended at 7:30 am on September 17, adding new item 18 and renumbering the subsequent agenda items.
October 1, 2009 (Thursday)
10:00 a.m. **
Yolo Fliers Club
17980 County Road 94B
ALL MEETINGS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
NOTE : Items may be heard in any order pursuant to the determination of the Commission President.
- PUBLIC FORUM– Any member of the public may address and/or ask questions of the Commission relating to the implementation of its policies or any other matter within the jurisdiction of the Commission. The issue to be discussed should not be related to any item on the current agenda. As a general rule, action cannot be taken on issues not listed on the agenda. At the discretion of the Commission, staff may be requested to follow up on such items. Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record before the Commission. Please be prepared to summarize your comments to the time allocated by the President.
- CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE RATIFICATION OF COMMISSION FINDINGS ON THE PETITION TO LIST THE AMERICAN PIKA (Ochotona princeps) AS A THREATENED SPECIES.
- REPORT FROM MARTIN VRANICAR JR. REGARDING THE CALIFORNIA DISTRICT ATTORNEYS ASSOCIATION ENVIRONMENTAL TRAINING PROJECT AND THE CIRCUIT PROSECUTOR PROJECT.
- RECEIPT OF LEGISLATIVE REPORTS.
- DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME REPORT.
- POSSIBLE CONSIDERATION OF COMMISSION POSITIONS ON PROPOSED LEGISLATION.
- RECEIPT OF DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
- RECEIPT OF DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME DIRECTOR'S REPORT.
- UPDATE ON THE AUTOMATED LICENSE DATA SYSTEM.
- UPDATE ON ENFORCEMENT
- UPDATE ON 2010 MAMMAL REGULATORY CYCLE.
- RECEIPT OF COMMISSION INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
- UPDATE ON SCOPING MEETING AND REQUEST FOR CLARIFICATION ON POSSIBLE REGULATORY ACTION TO PROHIBIT THE IMPORTATION OF NON-NATIVE FROG AND TURTLE SPECIES.
- SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS.
- MARINE RESOURCES COMMITTEE.
- AL TAUCHER'S PRESERVING HUNTING AND SPORT FISHING OPPORTUNITIES ADVISORY COMMITTEE.
- AQUACULTURE COMMITTEE.
- RECEIPT OF FEDERAL AGENCIES INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
- RECEIPT OF LEGAL COUNSEL INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
- NEW BUSINESS.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION.
- RECEIPT OF PUBLIC TESTIMONY ON PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE TRIENNIAL SPORT FISHING REGULATIONS FOR 2010-2013. (Note: The adoption hearing is scheduled for December 10, 2009; location to be announced.)
- RECEIPT OF PUBLIC TESTIMONY ON PROPOSED ADDITION OF SECTION 681, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: HYBRID ANIMALS AND PLANTS. (Note: The adoption hearing is scheduled for November 5, 2009, in Woodland.)
- RECEIPT OF PUBLIC TESTIMONY ON PROPOSED CHANGES TO SECTION 155, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: COMMERCIAL TAKE OF WHITE SEABASS. (Note: The adoption hearing is scheduled for November 5, 2009, in Woodland.)
- PURSUANT TO FISH AND GAME CODE SECTION 2084, CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE EMERGENCY ACTION TO RE-ADOPT SECTION 749.5, TITLE 14, CCR, FOR AN ADDITIONAL 90 DAY PERIOD, RE: SPECIAL ORDER RELATING TO INCIDENTAL TAKE OF PACIFIC FISHER DURING CANDIDACY PERIOD.
- CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE APPROVAL OF STATE WATER BOTTOMS LEASE TEMPLATE.
- REQUEST OF JOHN FINGER, HOG ISLAND OYSTER COMPANY, FOR LEASE RENEWAL OF STATE WATER BOTTOM LEASE NO. M-430-12, MARIN COUNTY .
- REQUEST OF MICHAEL TOUSSAINT, MARIN OYSTER COMPANY, FOR LEASE RENEWAL OF STATE WATER BOTTOM LEASE NO. M‑430-02, MARIN COUNTY .
Any item may be removed from the consent calendar by the Commission or upon the request of the Department or someone in the audience who would like to speak to that item.
- REQUEST OF MR. CHRIS RACCIATO FOR REINSTATEMENT OF HIS EXPIRED TRAPPING PERMIT.
- APPROVAL OF PLM MODIFICATION FOR STEWART RANCH, TRINITY COUNTY.
- COMMISSION FOLLOW-UP, MEETING REVIEW, AND STAFF DIRECTION.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF FUTURE MEETINGS.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC)
PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORITY OF GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 11126(a)(1) and (e)(1), AND SECTION 309 OF THE FISH AND GAME CODE, THE COMMISSION WILL MEET IN CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION. THE PURPOSE OF THIS EXECUTIVE SESSION IS TO CONSIDER:
- PENDING LITIGATION TO WHICH
THE COMMISSION IS A PARTY:
- BIG CREEK LUMBER COMPANY AND CENTRAL COAST FOREST ASSOC. vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION RE: COHO LISTING, SOUTH OF SAN FRANCISCO.
- LINDY O'LEARY vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION RE: R.R.S.A.C. AND R.R.S.S. PERMIT DENIALS.
- JAMES BUNN AND JOHN GIBBS vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION RE: SQUID PERMITS.
- POSSIBLE LITIGATION INVOLVING THE COMMISSION.
- STAFF PERFORMANCE AND COMPENSATION.
- RECEIPT OF HEARING OFFICER RECOMMENDATIONS ON LICENSE AND PERMIT ITEMS AND ADOPTION OF COMMISSION FINDINGS:
- TANYA BAIN, RESTRICTED SPECIES ANIMAL CARE-WELFARE SPECIES PERMIT AND RESIDENT EXHIBITING PERMIT.
*These facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay Service at 1 (800) 735-2929 (TT) or 1 (800) 735-2922 (Voice) and ask them to contact the California Fish and Game Commission at (916) 653-4899.
** The Commission may break for lunch at approximately 12:00 noon.
NOTE: The public is encouraged to comment on any item on the agenda. In order for the Commission to adequately consider public comments, the public is requested to submit written comments no later than ten days prior to the meeting. Written comments received fewer than ten days preceding the meeting will be submitted to the Commission at the meeting; however, Commission staff is unable to deliver material received one day before and on the day of the meeting to the Commissioners when the meeting is not in Sacramento. Please send your comments to be received no later than two days before the meeting.
If you decide to speak at the Commission meeting, please begin by giving your name and affiliation (if any) and the number of people represented by your organization. Then tell the Commission your concerns in five minutes or less. Time allotted for each agenda item depends upon the number of speakers for each item and the length of the agenda. The Commission is interested in your views; don't worry about how to say them. If several people have spoken, try not to be repetitious. If there are several with the same concerns, please try to appoint a spokesperson. The Commission is particularly interested in the specific reasons you are for or against a proposal because the Commission's decision needs to be based on specific reasons.
If you would like to present handouts/written material to the Commission at the meeting, please provide eight (8) copies.