September 3, 2009 Meeting Agenda
September 3, 2009 (Thursday)
8:30 a.m. **
Yolo Fliers Club
17980 County Road 94B
ALL MEETINGS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
NOTE : Items may be heard on either day and in any order pursuant to the determination of the Commission President.
- PUBLIC FORUM– Any member of the public may address and/or ask questions of the Commission relating to the implementation of its policies or any other matter within the jurisdiction of the Commission. The issue to be discussed should not be related to any item on the current agenda. As a general rule, action cannot be taken on issues not listed on the agenda. At the discretion of the Commission, staff may be requested to follow up on such items. Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record before the Commission. Please be prepared to summarize your comments to the time allocated by the President.
- ELECTION OF OFFICERS.
- CONSIDERATION OF CERTIFICATION OF FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL DOCUMENT, POSSIBLE ADOPTION OF FINDINGS AND PROPOSED PROJECT (OR ALTERNATIVE), AND FINAL ADOPTION OF SECTIONS 163 AND 164, TITLE 14, CCR , RE: HERRING.
- CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE RATIFICATION OF COMMISSION FINDINGS ON THE PETITION TO LIST THE AMERICAN PIKA (Ochotona princeps) AS A THREATENED SPECIES.
- RECEIPT OF LEGISLATIVE REPORTS.
- DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME REPORT.
- POSSIBLE CONSIDERATION OF COMMISSION POSITIONS ON PROPOSED LEGISLATION.
- RECEIPT OF DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
- RECEIPT OF DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME DIRECTOR'S REPORT.
- UPDATE ON THE AUTOMATED LICENSE DATA SYSTEM.
- UPDATE ON STATE WATER BOTTOMS LEASE TEMPLATE.
- UPDATE ON ENFORCEMENT.
- RECEIPT OF COMMISSION INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
- UPDATE ON STATUS OF FINAL STATEMENT OF REASONS REGARDING CHANGES TO SECTION 670.5, TITLE 14, CCR, TO LIST THE LONGFIN SMELT (Spirinchus thaleichtys) AS A THREATENED SPECIES.
- UPDATE AND POSSIBLE COURSE OF ACTION REGARDING EXOTIC FROGS AND TURTLES.
- SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS.
- MARINE RESOURCES COMMITTEE.
- AL TAUCHER'S PRESERVING HUNTING AND SPORT FISHING OPPORTUNITIES ADVISORY COMMITTEE.
- AQUACULTURE COMMITTEE.
- RECEIPT OF FEDERAL AGENCIES INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
- RECEIPT OF LEGAL COUNSEL INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
- NEW BUSINESS.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION.
Any item may be removed from the consent calendar by the Commission or upon the request of the Department or someone in the audience who would like to speak to that item.
- CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE APPROVAL OF PRIVATE LANDS HABITAT ENHANCEMENT AND WILDLIFE AREA LICENSE (2009-2014) AND 2009-2010 MANAGEMENT PLAN FOR:
(A) REDWOOD HOUSE RANCH, HUMBOLDT COUNTY
- COMMISSION FOLLOW-UP, MEETING REVIEW, AND STAFF DIRECTION.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF FUTURE MEETINGS.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC)
PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORITY OF GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 11126(a)(1) and (e)(1), AND SECTION 309 OF THE FISH AND GAME CODE, THE COMMISSION WILL MEET IN CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION. THE PURPOSE OF THIS EXECUTIVE SESSION IS TO CONSIDER:
- PENDING LITIGATION TO WHICH
THE COMMISSION IS A PARTY:
- BIG CREEK LUMBER COMPANY AND CENTRAL COAST FOREST ASSOC. vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION RE: COHO LISTING, SOUTH OF SAN FRANCISCO.
- LINDY O'LEARY vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION RE: R.R.S.A.C. AND R.R.S.S. PERMIT DENIALS.
- JAMES BUNN AND JOHN GIBBS vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION RE: SQUID PERMITS.
- POSSIBLE LITIGATION INVOLVING THE COMMISSION.
- STAFF PERFORMANCE AND COMPENSATION.
- RECEIPT OF HEARING OFFICER RECOMMENDATIONS ON LICENSE AND PERMIT ITEMS AND ADOPTION OF COMMISSION FINDINGS:
*These facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay Service at 1 (800) 735-2929 (TT) or 1 (800) 735-2922 (Voice) and ask them to contact the California Fish and Game Commission at (916) 653-4899.
** The Commission may break for lunch at approximately 12:00 noon.
NOTE: The public is encouraged to comment on any item on the agenda. In order for the Commission to adequately consider public comments, the public is requested to submit written comments no later than ten days prior to the meeting. Written comments received fewer than ten days preceding the meeting will be submitted to the Commission at the meeting; however, Commission staff is unable to deliver material received one day before and on the day of the meeting to the Commissioners when the meeting is not in Sacramento. Please send your comments to be received no later than two days before the meeting.
If you decide to speak at the Commission meeting, please begin by giving your name and affiliation (if any) and the number of people represented by your organization. Then tell the Commission your concerns in five minutes or less. Time allotted for each agenda item depends upon the number of speakers for each item and the length of the agenda. The Commission is interested in your views; don't worry about how to say them. If several people have spoken, try not to be repetitious. If there are several with the same concerns, please try to appoint a spokesperson. The Commission is particularly interested in the specific reasons you are for or against a proposal because the Commission's decision needs to be based on specific reasons.
If you would like to present handouts/written material to the Commission at the meeting, please provide eight (8) copies.